Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! You know what that means: sweets for your sweetheart. Celebrate the day by making these easy, delicious chocolate covered strawberries. The best part? We make them with organic, fairly traded chocolate! Show your love for that special someone with a thoughtful alternative to conventional chocolate.
Watch the video above for step-by-step instructions, or follow the recipe below.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
What you need:
2 bars of Equal Exchange chocolate (any variety, but we used Organic Very Dark 71%)
What to do:
1. Wash your strawberries without removing the stems.
2. Chop your chocolate.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer over medium heat.
4. Place your chocolate in a heatproof medium sized bowl and place that over the saucepan.
5. Allow the chocolate to soften and stir until melted.
6. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat. Dip strawberries in the chocolate, then lift and twist slightly to allow excess chocolate to fall back into the bowl.
7. Place the strawberries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow the chocolate to set for 30 minutes.
8. Serve or refrigerate, then share with your sweetheart.