Equal Exchange is a worker-owned co-operative and alternative trade organization, founded in 1986. We are headquartered in West Bridgewater, MA with offices and warehouses in various locations across the country from Portland, Oregon to St. Paul, Minnesota, and Cleveland, Ohio. Unlike most companies that seek to maximize profits for their investors, our goal is to maximize benefits to farmers. We have long-term, direct relationships with small farmer organizations around the world to source delicious organic coffee, tea, chocolate, cocoa, sugar, olive oil, nuts and dried fruits. And, we engage consumers in the U.S. to challenge the corporate control of food and reshape our food system in ways that benefit all of us.
We put a lot of energy into hiring the right employees to thrive in our co-operative. Please take a look below to see our current job offerings. Check back often for new postings.
Equal Exchange supports equal employment opportunity for all classes of individuals, regardless of age, race, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, religious creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, economic status, veteran status.
Coffee Roaster, West Bridgewater, MA
Market Basket DSD Representative, West Bridgewater or West Springfield, MA
Part-Time Market Basket DSD Representative, West Bridgewater or West Springfield, MA
Job Postings by Email
If you are interested in hearing from us when we post job openings, please sign up for email notifications. In order to complete the sign-up process, you need to verify your email address by following the instructions that will be sent to you by email. If you do not receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org after filling out this form, please check your junk mail filter.
Benefits of Working at Equal Exchange
For worker-owner track positions:
- Profit/Loss Sharing
- Educational Curriculum
- Mentor Program
- Trip to source to visit producer partners (after 2 years)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Compensation Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
Retirement Savings Plan
- 3% Employer Contribution to 401(k), after 1 year
Paid Time Off
- Vacation: Years 1 & 2 = 10 days; Year 3 = 20 days; Years 4+ = increases by 1 day/year to a max of 25 days.
- Sick: 9 days. May be used to care for self, child, partner, parent or co-worker.
- Personal: 2 days.
- Holidays: 9 plus 1 end of year floating day. (MLK, Memorial Day, July 4th, Cape Verdean Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving + Day after, Christmas, New Years Day)
- Staff discount on all Equal Exchange products for home use
- Free coffee, tea & cocoa (and sometimes chocolate!) at work
Training budget for professional development
- For taking public transit, carpooling, walking, or riding a bike to work